To adjust, on an emergency basis, due to congressional review, certain allocations requested in the Fiscal Year 2018 Local Budget Act of 2017 pursuant to the Omnibus Appropriations Act, 2009.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE COUNCIL OF THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, That this act may be cited as the "Fiscal Year 2018 Revised Local Budget Congressional Review Emergency Adjustment Act of 2018".
Sec. 2. Pursuant to section 817 of the Omnibus Appropriations Act, 2009, approved March 13, 2009 (123 Stat. 699; D.C. Official Code § 47-369.02), the Fiscal Year 2018 budget shall be adjusted as follows:
PART A. SUMMARY OF EXPENSES
$6,155,000 is added (including ($5,020,000) removed from local funds (including ($21,343,000) removed from dedicated taxes)), $855,000 added in other funds, and $10,320,000 added in enterprise and other funds); to be allocated as follows:
PART B. DIVISION OF EXPENSES
Governmental Direction and Support
The appropriation for Governmental Direction and Support is increased by $416,000 in local funds; to be allocated as follows:
(1) Department of General Services. – ($62,000) is removed from local funds.
(2) Office of the Chief Financial Officer. – $118,000 is added to be available in local funds.
(3) Office of the Attorney General for the District of Columbia. – $360,000 is added to be available in local funds.
Economic Development and Regulation
The appropriation for Economic Development and Regulation is decreased by ($32,917,000) in local funds; to be allocated as follows:
(1) Deputy Mayor for Economic Development. – $2,990,000 is added to be available in local funds;
(2) Housing Production Trust Fund Subsidy. – ($35,802,000) is removed from local funds; and
(3) Office of the Tenant Advocate. – ($105,000) is removed from local funds.
Public Safety and Justice
The appropriation for Public Safety and Justice is decreased by ($400,000) in local funds; to be allocated as follows:
(1) Department of Forensic Sciences. – ($400,000) is removed from local funds.
The appropriation for Public Education is decreased by ($4,493,000) (including ($5,348,000) removed from local funds (including $2,832,000 added in dedicated taxes) and $855,000 added in other funds); to be allocated as follows:
(1) Office of the State Superintendent of Education. – ($168,000) is removed from local funds (including $2,832,000 added in dedicated taxes); provided, that all funds deposited, without regard to fiscal year, into the Healthy Schools Fund are authorized for expenditure until September 30, 2018; provided further, that all funds deposited, without regard to fiscal year, into the Healthy Tots Fund are authorized for expenditure until September 30, 2018.
(2) University of the District of Columbia Subsidy Account. – $320,000 is added to be available in local funds;
(3) Non-Public Tuition. – ($2,500,000) is removed from local funds;
(4) Special Education Transportation. – ($3,000,000) is removed from local funds; and
(5) District of Columbia Public Schools. – $855,000 is added in other funds; provided, that all funds deposited, without regard to fiscal year, into the Nonprofit School Food Services Fund are authorized for expenditure until September 30, 2018.
The appropriation for Human Services is increased by $5,781,000 in local funds; to be allocated as follows:
(1) Not-For Profit Hospital Corporation Subsidy. – $10,000,000 is added to be available in local funds;
(2) Department of Youth Rehabilitation Services. – ($1,675,000) is removed from local funds;
(3) Department of Human Services. – ($182,000) is removed from local funds; and
(4) Child and Family Services Agency. – ($2,362,000) is removed from local funds.
The appropriation for Public Works is decreased by ($11,493,000) in local funds; to be allocated as follows:
(1) District Department of Transportation. – ($5,213,000) is removed from local funds;
(2) Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority. – ($5,001,000) is removed from the local budget; and
(3) Department of Public Works. – ($1,279,000) is removed from local funds.
Financing and Other
The appropriation for Financing and Other is increased by $38,941,000 in local funds (including ($24,175,000) removed from dedicated taxes) to be allocated as follows:
(1) Workforce Investments. – ($33,487,000) is removed from local funds;
(2) Pay-As-You-Go Capital Fund. – ($24,175,000) is removed from local funds (including ($24,175,000) removed from dedicated taxes); and
(3) Emergency and Contingency Reserve Funds. – $96,603,000 is added to be available in local funds.
Enterprise and Other
The appropriation for Enterprise and Other is increased by $10,320,000 in enterprise and other funds; to be allocated as follows:
(1) University of the District of Columbia. – $320,000 is added to be available in enterprise and other funds; and
(2) Not-For Profit Hospital. – $10,000,000 is added to be available in enterprise and other funds.
Sec. 3. Remaining Fiscal Year 2018 unexpended revenue of $122,985,000 shall be carried over into Fiscal Year 2019 as fund balance and shall be available as set forth in the approved Fiscal Year 2019 Budget and Financial Plan.
Sec. 4. Capital project rescissions and increases.
(a) In Fiscal Year 2018, the Chief Financial Officer shall rescind or increase capital project allotments as set forth in the following tabular array, with the savings to be used in accordance with the Fiscal Year 2019 Local Budget Act of 2018, passed on 2nd reading on May 29, 2018 (Enrolled version of Bill 22-754):
|Project No||Project Title||Fund Detail||Total|
|04002C||PROPERTY ACQUISITION & DISPOSITION||300||(573,216.00)|
|AA416C||RENOVATION OF HVAC SYSTEM||300||(5,223.80)|
|ATE01C||2850 NY AVE BUILDING||301||(2,600,000.00)|
|BP102C||SMALL CAPITAL PROJECTS||301||(1,000,000.00)|
|BP102C||SMALL CAPITAL PROJECTS||314||1,000,000.00|
|BRM08C||OAK HILL CAMPUS||300||(1,500,000.00)|
|CEV01C||DOC ELEVATOR REFURBISHMENT||300||(766,292.09)|
|CRF01C||ROOF REFURBISHMENT AT DOC FACILTIES||300||(8,452.21)|
|EA129C||WARD 1 SENIOR WELLNESS CENTER||301||(34.52)|
|EA437C||WARD 7 RENOVATION||300||(1,717.57)|
|EB301C||VACANT PROPERTY INSPECTION AND ABATEMENT||300||(22,690.03)|
|EB301C||VACANT PROPERTY INSPECTION AND ABATEMENT||9000||(88.00)|
|ECS10C||AUTOMATION OF REPORT GENERATION & PURCHA||300||(133.00)|
|EDL19C||PENNSYLVANIA AVENUE STREETSCAPES||330||(209.12)|
|EQ903C||HEAVY EQUIPMENT ACQUISITION - DPW||300||(717.42)|
|EQ903C||HEAVY EQUIPMENT ACQUISITION - DPW||301||(15,030.40)|
|EQ903C||HEAVY EQUIPMENT ACQUISITION - DPW||304||(179,465.04)|
|EQ910C||HEAVY EQUIPMENT ACQUISITION - DPW||300||(5,685.00)|
|GF103C||REEVES MUNICIPAL CENTER||300||(10,000.00)|
|GI520C||GENERAL SMALL CAPITAL PROJECTS||300||(35,509.37)|
|GI520C||GENERAL SMALL CAPITAL PROJECTS||301||(1,645.80)|
|GI533C||MURCH ES DEMOUNTABLES||300||(0.60)|
|GI551C||PREK CLASSROOM CONVERSIONS||333||(4,329.74)|
|GI554C||MIDDLE SCHOOL IT||301||(28,047.68)|
|GM106C||WINDOW AC UNITS||300||(1,020.76)|
|GM311C||HIGH SCHOOL LABOR - PROGRAM MANAGEMENT||300||(2,244,695.82)|
|GM312C||ES/MS MODERNIZATION CAPITAL LABOR - PROG||300||(2,280,662.71)|
|GM313C||STABILIZATION CAPITAL LABOR - PROGRAM MG||300||(309,818.53)|
|HX201C||ST. ELIZABETHS GENERAL IMPROVEMENTS (HX2||300||(3,290.00)|
|JE337C||JEFFERSON MS RENOVATION||300||(625.01)|
|LC437C||E-22 FIREHOUSE REPLACEMENT||300||(9,135.11)|
|LE337C||ENGINE 5 COMPLETE RENOVATION||300||(5,955.00)|
|LE737C||ENGINE 27 MAJOR RENOVATION||300||(1,000,000.00)|
|LIM02C||DFS LIMS SYSTEM, ELC FINANCED||302||(0.02)|
|MA220C||EMERGENCY POWER SYSTEM UPGRADES||300||(700,000.00)|
|MVS03C||INSPECTION STATION UPGRADE||300||(0.50)|
|N1405C||IMPROVE PROPERTY MANAGEMENT ITS||300||(401.95)|
|N2802C||STUDENT LONGITUDINAL DATA SYSTEM||300||(0.97)|
|N2805C||STATEWIDE LONGITUDINAL EDUCATION DATA WA||304||(454.68)|
|N9301C||ENTERPRISE COMPUTING DEVICE MANAGEMENT||300||(413,700.99)|
|N9501C||DC.GOV WEB TRANSFORMATION||300||(7,087.46)|
|NPP01C||NEIGHBORHOOD PARKING PERF. FUND||301||(2,492,833.00)|
|NR637C||WOODSON HS - MODERNIZATION/RENOV||300||(4,697.19)|
|NR637C||WOODSON HS - MODERNIZATION/RENOV||301||(1,697.25)|
|NX238C||THADDEUS STEVENS RENOVATION/MODERNIZATIO||306||18,249,914.52|
|NX437C||ANACOSTIA HS MODERNIZATION/RENOV||300||(9,250.00)|
|PDR01C||6TH DISTRICT RELOCATION||300||(1,737,781.04)|
|PFL08C||PAID FAMILY LEAVE IT APPLICATION||314||(3,000,000.00)|
|PL104C||ADA COMPLIANCE POOL||300||(216,641.00)|
|PL106C||GOVERNMENT CENTERS POOL||300||(54,715.14)|
|PL401C||CITY-WIDE PHYSICAL ACCESS CONTROL SYSTEM||300||(135,448.00)|
|PLN39C||WARD 8 CITIZENS' SUMMIT CHALLENGE||300||(125,100.00)|
|PLT10C||CRIME FIGHTING TECHNOLOGY||300||(730,000.00)|
|QH750C||PARK IMPROVEMENTS - PROJECT MANAGEMENT||301||(208,523.00)|
|QM8FTC||FORT STEVENS RECREATION CENTER||300||(1,394.11)|
|SH735C||RIVER ROAD ENTRANCE||300||(4,000.00)|
|SW601C||SENIOR WELLNESS CENTER RENOVATION POOL P||301||(436,910.13)|
|T2242C||ENTERPRISE RESOURCE PLANNING||301||(72,551.35)|
|TK337C||TAKOMA ES RENOVATION/MODERNIZATION||300||(1,220.14)|
|UC201C||PUBLIC SAFETY RADIO SYSTEM UPGRADE||300||(404,135.21)|
|UIM02C||UI MODERNIZATION PROJECT-FEDERAL||304||(3,000,000.00)|
|UMC01C||EAST END MEDICAL CENTER||300||(3,208,665.27)|
|WA141C||IT INFRASTRUCTURE, 301 C STREET N.W.||300||(0.04)|
|WA540C||IT INFRASTRUCTURE SYSTEM AND SOFTWARE UP||300||(54,080.00)|
|WA540C||IT INFRASTRUCTURE SYSTEM AND SOFTWARE UP||303||(56,740.00)|
|WA640C||DMV TICKET PROCESSING-IT||303||(4.39)|
|WT337C||WHITTIER EC MODERNIZATION/RENOVATION||300||(419.50)|
|XA854C||INTEGRATED CARE APPLICATIONS MGMT (ICAM)||300||(214.50)|
|YY141C||BROOKLAND ES MODERNIZATION/RENOVATION||300||(0.14)|
|YY151C||PEABODY ES RENOVATION/MODERNIZATION||300||(7,781.29)|
|ZB201C||ENTERPRISE INTEGRATION PROJECTS||300||(80,724.24)|
Sec. 5. Designated fund transfers.
(a) Notwithstanding any provision of law limiting the use of funds in the accounts listed in the following chart, the Chief Financial Officer shall transfer in Fiscal Year 2018 the following amounts from certified fund balances in the identified accounts to the General Fund of the District of Columbia:
|Agency||Fund Detail||Fund Detail Title||Total|
|AM0||1460||EASTERN MARKET ENTERPRISE FUND||300,000.00|
|AT0||606||RECORDER OF DEEDS SURCHARGE||1,397,376.00|
|AT0||6115||OFT CENTRAL COLLECTION UNIT (CCU) O TYPE||11,000,000.00|
|CB0||603||CHILD SPT - TANF/AFDC COLLECTIONS||1,000,000.00|
|CB0||604||CHILD SPT - REIMBURSEMENTS & FEES||188,408.00|
|CE0||6108||COPIES AND PRINTING||36,401.00|
|CR0||6008||R-E GUAR. & EDUC. FUND||3,521,110.00|
|CR0||6010||OPLA - SPECIAL ACCOUNT||47,836.00|
|CR0||6040||CORPORATE RECORDATION FUND||2,205,979.00|
|DJ0||631||ADVOCATE FOR CONSUMERS||314,592.66|
|EB0||419||H ST RETAIL PRIORITY AREA GRANT FUND||716,106.87|
|EB0||609||INDUSTRIAL REVENUE BOND PROGRAM||669,000.00|
|EN0||632||SMALL BUSINESS CAPITAL ACCESS FUND||247,009.05|
|GD0||619||STATE ATHLETIC ACTS PROG & OFFICE FUND||74,667.00|
|HA0||602||ENTERPRISE FUND ACCOUNT||550,587.00|
|HC0||661||ICF / MR FEES & FINES||50,602.00|
|HC0||673||DOH REGULATORY ENFORCEMENT FUND||128,275.00|
|HT0||115||DC PROVIDER FEE||204,261.00|
|HT0||631||MEDICAID COLLECTIONS-3RD PARTY LIABILITY||202,687.95|
|HT0||632||BILL OF RIGHTS-(GRIEVANCE & APPEALS)||606,957.30|
|KA0||6901||DDOT ENTERPRISE FUND-NON TAX REVENUES||2,432,298.98|
|KE0||6030||WASH MET AREA TRANSIT AUTHORITY PROJECTS||56,168.00|
|KE0||6031||DC CIRCULATOR FUND - NPS MALL ROUTE||413,520.00|
|KT0||6010||SUPER CAN PROGRAM||133,399.63|
|LQ0||6017||ABC - IMPORT AND CLASS LICENSE FEES||135,631.58|
|SR0||2600||SECURITIES REGISTRATION FEES||12,300,000.00|
|SR0||2910||FORECLOSURE MEDIATION FUND||108,750.00|
|TC0||2400||PUBLIC VEHICLES FOR HIRE CONSUMER SERVIC||432,153.84|
|TO0||602||DC NET SERVICES SUPPORT||500,000.00|
|N/A||N/A||FIXED COST COMMODITY RESERVE||4,205,259.00|
(b) The total amount identified in subsection (a) of this section shall be made available as set forth in the approved Fiscal Year 2019 Budget and Financial Plan.
Sec. 6. Applicability.
This act shall apply as of September 30, 2018.
Sec. 7. Fiscal impact statement.
The Council adopts the fiscal impact statement of the Chief Financial Officer as the fiscal impact statement required by section 4a of the General Legislative Procedures Act of 1975, approved October 16, 2006 (120 Stat. 2038; D.C. Official Code § 1-301.47a).
Sec. 8. Effective date.
This act shall take effect following approval by the Mayor (or in the event of veto by the Mayor, action by the Council to override the veto), and shall remain in effect for no longer than 90 days, as provided for emergency acts of the Council of the District of Columbia in section 412(a) of the District of Columbia Home Rule Act, approved December 24, 1973 (87 Stat. 788; D.C. Official Code § 1-204.12(a)).