To require the Office of Zoning to contract for an analysis of short-term rental uses.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE COUNCIL OF THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, That this act may be cited as the "Short-Term Rental Independent Analysis Emergency Act of 2019".
Note § 6-621.01
Sec. 2. (a) Notwithstanding the Procurement Practices Reform Act of 2010, effective April 8, 2011 (D.C. Law 18-371; D.C. Official Code § 2-351.01 et seq.), on or before July 15, 2019, the Office of Zoning shall enter into a contract for a short-term rental analysis report for use by the Zoning Commission for the District of Columbia.
(b) The report shall:
(1) Set forth the current legal status of short-term rental uses in the District of Columbia under the Zoning Regulations;
(2) Discuss short-term rental regulations in jurisdictions comparable to the District;
(3) Provide draft text for inclusion in the Zoning Regulations that would permit short-term rental uses in such zones and under such conditions as would be consistent with the Short-Term Rental Regulation Act of 2018, effective April 25, 2019 (D.C. Law 22-307; D.C. Official Code § 30-201.01 et seq.) ("Act"), and not inconsistent with the Comprehensive Plan;
(4) Indicate whether the text provided pursuant to paragraph (3) of this subsection should become effective no later than October 1, 2019 in conjunction with the earliest potential applicability date of the Act; and
(5) Recommend whether the Zoning Commission for the District of Columbia should adopt the text on an emergency basis to be consistent with the earliest potential applicability date of the Act.
(c) The total contract amount for the report shall not exceed the amount appropriated for such purpose in the Fiscal Year 2019 Revised Local Budget Emergency Adjustment Act of 2019, passed on emergency basis on June 18, 2019 (Enrolled version of Bill 23-205).
(d) The entity awarded the contract may consult with the Office of Planning for technical assistance or for information, but such consultation or lack of consultation shall not delay issuance of the report.
(e) The final report shall be delivered to the Office of Zoning, which shall make the report public, and the Zoning Commission for the District of Columbia not later than September 1, 2019.
Sec. 3. Applicability.
This act shall apply as of July 1, 2019.
Sec. 4. Fiscal impact statement.
The Council adopts the fiscal impact statement of the Budget Director as the fiscal impact statement required by section 4a of the General Legislative Procedures Act of 1975, approved October 16, 2006 (120 Stat. 2038; D.C. Official Code § 1-301.47a).
Sec. 5. Effective date.
This act shall take effect following approval by the Mayor (or in the event of veto by the Mayor, action by the Council to override the veto), and shall remain in effect for no longer than 90 days, as provided for emergency acts of the Council of the District of Columbia in section 412(a) of the District of Columbia Home Rule Act, approved December 24, 1973 (87 Stat. 788; D.C. Official Code § 1-204.12(a)).