*NOTE: This section includes amendments by emergency legislation that will expire on November 21, 2021. To view the text of this section after the expiration of all emergency and temporary legislation, click this link: Permanent Version.*
(a) There is established as a special fund the Vulnerable Adult and Elderly Person Exploitation Restitution Fund ("Restitution Fund") which shall be administered by the Office of the Attorney General in accordance with subsection (c) of this section.
(b) Revenue from the following shall be deposited in the Restitution Fund:
(1) Awards of restitution and costs to individuals imposed under a court order, judgment, or settlement in any action or investigation brought to enforce to § 22-933.01; and
(2) Funds collected pursuant to § 1-350.02(a-4)(3).
(c) Money in the Restitution Fund shall be used for the following purposes:
(1) The payment of restitution to individuals harmed by the conduct of persons or entities that are the subject of court orders, judgments or settlements in actions or investigations brought to enforce § 22-933.01; and
(2) Costs and expenses related to maintaining the Restitution Fund or to paying amounts to harmed individuals.
(d)(1) The money deposited into the Restitution Fund but not expended in a fiscal year shall not revert to the unassigned fund balance of the General Fund of the District of Columbia at the end of a fiscal year, or at any other time.
(2) Subject to authorization in an approved budget and financial plan, any funds appropriated in the Restitution Fund shall be continually available without regard to fiscal year limitation.
(e) The Attorney General may promulgate regulations for the administration of the Restitution Fund and the making of payments from the Restitution Fund.