(a) There is established as a special fund the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority Dedicated Financing Fund ("Fund"), which shall be administered by the Mayor in accordance with subsection (c) of this section.
(b) There shall be deposited into the Fund general retail sales tax revenue collected pursuant to Chapter 20 of Title 47 as follows:
(1) In Fiscal Year 2019 -- $178.5 million;
(2) In Fiscal Year 2020 -- $178.5 million; and
(3) In Fiscal Year 2021, and each successive year, an amount of general retail sales tax revenue equal to the District's allocation of the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority ("WMATA") jurisdictional formula, applied to the total annual WMATA capital funding need of $500 million in Fiscal Year 2020, escalated annually by 3% above the preceding fiscal year.
(c)(1) Money in the Fund in Fiscal Year 2019 shall be used as a source of funding to make the District's payment to WMATA through agency KE0 as shown in the Fiscal Year 2019 Budget and Financial Plan.
(2) Pursuant to a grant agreement between the District and WMATA, and subject to subsection (d) of this section, starting in Fiscal Year 2020, money in the Fund shall be distributed to WMATA by the Mayor as a grant for the purposes of WMATA capital improvements, including payment on borrowings for such capital improvements.
(d)(1) The money deposited into the Fund shall not revert to the unrestricted fund balance of the General Fund of the District of Columbia at the end of a fiscal year, or at any other time.
(2) Subject to authorization in an approved budget and financial plan, any funds appropriated in the Fund shall be continually available without regard to fiscal year limitation.