(a) Any grant of $50,000 or more that is made pursuant to an authority described in § 1-328.12 shall be awarded on a competitive basis and solely for the purpose or purposes identified in the statute establishing the grant-making or grant-issuing authority, unless a non-District entity that provides funds to the District to award as grants has rules or requirements that prohibit or otherwise limit competition.
(b) Before providing notice of the availability of grant funds as required by subsection (c) of this section, a grantor shall establish criteria or standards for the selection of a grantee or grantees under the grant program, and shall set priorities among those criteria or standards.
(c) A grantor shall publish notice in the District of Columbia Register for a minimum of 14 days in advance of making or issuing a grant of the following:
(1) A detailed description of the availability of grant funds, including the amount, the number of likely grant awards to be made, and any limitations or requirements on the use of such grant funds;
(2) Eligibility requirements for receiving funds under the grant program, including the requirements in § 1-328.14;
(3) Selection criteria for the awarding of funds under the grant program;
(4) A description of the application process under the grant program, including the date after which applications will no longer be received; and
(5) The date that final determination of grant awards will be made.
Effect of Amendments
The 2015 amendment by D.C. Law 21-36 added “unless a non-District entity that provides funds to the District to award as grants has rules or requirements that prohibit or otherwise limit competition” in (a).
For temporary (90 days) addition of this section, see § 1094 of the Fiscal Year 2014 Budget Support Emergency Act of 2013 (D.C. Act 20-130, July 30, 2013, 60 DCR 11384, 20 DCSTAT 1827).
For temporary (90 days) addition of this section, see § 1094 of the Fiscal Year 2014 Budget Support Congressional Review Emergency Act of 2013 (D.C. Act 20-204, October 17, 2013, 60 DCR 15341, 20 DCSTAT 2311).
For temporary (90 days) amendment of this section, see § 1053(c) of the Fiscal Year 2016 Budget Support Emergency Act of 2015 (D.C. Act 21-127, July 27, 2015, 62 DCR 10201).
Section 1091 of D.C. Law 20-61 provided that Subtitle J of Title I of the act may be cited as the “Grant Administration Act of 2013”.