Code of the District of Columbia

§ 1–333.05. Duties of Municipal Architect. [Repealed]

Repealed.


(Mar. 3, 1909, 35 Stat. 692, ch. 250; June 26, 1912, 37 Stat. 144, ch. 182; April 12, 1997, D.C. Law 11-259, § 401, 44 DCR 1423.)

Prior Codifications

1981 Ed., § 1-366.

1973 Ed., § 1-306.

Editor's Notes

Office of Municipal Architect abolished: The Office of the Municipal Architect was abolished and the functions thereof transferred to the Board of Commissioners of the District of Columbia by Reorganization Plan No. 5 of 1952. Reorganization Order No. 42 of the Board of Commissioners, dated June 23, 1953 established under the direction and control of the Engineer Commissioner, a Department of Buildings and Grounds headed by a Director. The purpose of the new Department was to provide for the construction, repair and improvement of the physical plant of the District of Columbia. The Order set out the functions of the new Department and its organization. The Order abolished the former Department of Construction, the Office of the Municipal Architect, the Office of the Superintendent of District Buildings, the Division of Repairs and Improvements of the District of Columbia Repair Shop, and the Construction Division, and provided that all of their functions and positions be transferred to the Department of Buildings and Grounds. This Order was issued pursuant to Reorganization Plan No. 5 of 1952. The executive functions of the Board of Commissioners were transferred to the Commissioner of the District of Columbia by § 401 of Reorganization Plan No. 3 of 1967. Functions vested in the Department of Buildings and Grounds by Reorganization Order No. 42 were transferred to the Director of the Department of General Services by Commissioner’s Order No. 69-96, dated March 7, 1969. The functions of the Department of General Services were transferred to the Department of Administrative Services by Reorganization Plan No. 5 of 1983, effective March 1, 1984, except the functions of the Department of General Services which were transferred to the Department of Public Works pursuant to Reorganization Plan No. 4 of 1983.