For the purposes of this subchapter, the term:
(1) “Chief Financial Officer” means the Office of the Chief Financial Officer established by § 1-204.24a.
(2) "Economic development incentive" or "incentive" means any expenditure of public funds by a granting body for the purpose of stimulating economic development or creating affordable housing within the District of Columbia, including any funds from the District or funds that, in accordance with a federal grant or otherwise, the District government administers, including land disposition and development agreements, financial subsidies, or expenditures of the Housing Production Trust Fund or of the Housing Preservation Fund, or any bond issuance, including pilot bond, tax increment financing bond, or revenue bond issuances, grant, loan, loan guarantee, fee waiver, land price subsidy, matching fund, tax abatement, tax exemption, tax credit, or any other tax expenditure.
(3) “Granting body” means an agency, board, office, instrumentality, or authority of the District government that provides or authorizes an economic development incentive.
(4) “Recipient” means any non-governmental person association, corporation, joint venture, partnership, or other entity that receives an economic development incentive.
(5) “Tax expenditure” shall include any loss of revenue to the District government that is attributable to an exemption, abatement, credit, reduction, or other exclusion under District tax law.
(6) “Unified Economic Development Budget Report” or “Report” means the document that the Chief Financial Officer is required to create under § 2-1208.02.
Section 7171 of the Fiscal Year 2020 Budget Support Emergency Amendment Act of 2019 repealed § 3 of D.C. Law 22-295 removing the applicability restriction impacting this section. Therefore the amendment of this section by D.C. Law 22-295 has been given effect.
Applicability of D.C. Law 22-295: § 3 of D.C. Law 22-295 provided that the change made to this section by § 2(a) of D.C. Law 22-295 is subject to the inclusion of the law’s fiscal effect in an approved budget and financial plan. Therefore that amendment has not been implemented.
For temporary (90 days) repeal of applicability provision of D.C. Law 22-295, see § 7171 of Fiscal Year 2020 Budget Support Congressional Review Emergency Act of 2019 (D.C. Act 23-112, Sept. 4, 2019, 66 DCR 11964).
For temporary (90 day) addition, see § 2252 of Fiscal Year 2011 Budget Support Emergency Act of 2010 (D.C. Act 18-463, July 2, 2010, 57 DCR 6542).
Short title: Section 2251 of D.C. Law 18-223 provided that subtitle V of title II of the act may be cited as the “Unified Economic Development Budget Transparency and Accountability Act of 2010”.