For the purposes of this subchapter, the term:
(1) "Department" means the Department of Small and Local Business Development, established by subchapter IX-A of Chapter 2 of this title.
(2) "District-based business" or "DBB" means a maker that:
(A) Maintains its primary office in the District;
(B) Possesses a current license pursuant to Chapter 28 of Title 47;
(C) Has certified that either the majority owners are District residents or 51% or more of its employees are District residents; and
(D) Is registered with the Department.
(3) "Fund" means the Made in DC Fund established by § 2-1208.33.
(4) "Innovation Space and Marketplace" means studio space together with sales gallery space, space with high-end shared equipment, and classrooms that would be available to local makers on a low-cost membership basis.
(5) "Made in DC" means the brand name developed under the Made in DC program, established by § 2-1208.32, which may be used by a maker who is registered with the Department as a DBB to promote a product that has been:
(A) Created, manufactured, or assembled in the District; and
(B) Approved by the Department.
(6) "Maker" means an individual, including an artisan or craftsperson, or a business, who creates, manufactures, or assembles a product through a process involving intellectual property, ingredients, raw materials, or other components.
(7) "Program" means the Made in DC program established by § 2-1208.32.
Applicability of D.C. Law 21-135: § 7 of D.C. Law 21-135 provided that the addition of this section by § 2 of D.C. Law 21-135 is subject to the inclusion of the law’s fiscal effect in an approved budget and financial plan. Therefore that amendment has not been implemented.