(a) The Mayor is authorized to take any action reasonably necessary or appropriate in accordance with this subchapter in connection with the preparation, execution, issuance, sale, delivery, security for, and payment of the bonds of each series, including, but not limited to, determinations of:
(1) The final form, content, designation, and terms of the bonds, including a determination that the bonds may be issued in certificated or book-entry form;
(2) The principal amount of the bonds to be issued and denominations of the bonds;
(3) The date or dates of issuance, sale, and delivery of the bonds, and the maturity date or dates of the bonds;
(4) The terms under which the bonds may be paid, optionally or mandatorily redeemed, accelerated, tendered, called, or put for redemption, repurchase, or remarketing before their respective stated maturities;
(5) Provisions for the registration, transfer, and exchange of the bonds and the replacement of mutilated, lost, stolen, or destroyed bonds;
(6) The creation of any reserve fund, sinking fund, or other fund with respect to the bonds;
(7) The time and place of payment of the bonds;
(8) Procedures for monitoring the use of the proceeds received from the sale of the bonds to ensure that the proceeds are properly applied to one or more Qualifying Schools and used to accomplish the purposes of this subchapter;
(9) Actions necessary to qualify the bonds under blue sky laws of any jurisdiction where the bonds are marketed; and
(10) The terms and types of credit enhancement under which the bonds may be secured.
(b) The bonds shall contain a legend, which shall provide that the bonds are special obligations of the District, are without recourse to the District, are not a pledge of, and do not involve the faith and credit or the taxing power of the District, do not constitute a debt of the District, and do not constitute lending of the public credit for private undertakings as prohibited in § 1-206.02(a)(2).
(c) The bonds shall be executed in the name of the District and on its behalf by the manual or facsimile signature of the Mayor, and attested by the Secretary of the District of Columbia by the Secretary’s manual or facsimile signature. The Mayor’s execution and delivery of the bonds shall constitute conclusive evidence of the Mayor’s approval, on behalf of the District, of the final form and content of the bonds.
(d) The official seal of the District, or a facsimile of it, shall be impressed, printed, or otherwise reproduced on the bonds.
(e) The bonds of any series may be issued in accordance with the terms of a trust instrument to be entered into by the District and a trustee and may be subject to the terms of one or more agreements entered into by the Mayor pursuant to § 1-204.90(a)(4).
(f) The bonds may be issued at any time or from time to time in one or more issues and in one or more series.