(a)(1) There is established a Council Commission on Racial Equity, Social Justice, and Economic Inclusion ("Commission") to advise the Council of the District of Columbia on matters of racial equity, social justice, and economic inclusion.
(2) The Commission shall consist of 5 members all appointed by the Chairman of the Council and who may be residents of the District of Columbia.
(3) Members of the Commission shall have the following qualifications:
(A) Knowledge of core racial equity concepts, including power and privilege, implicit bias, and structural or institutional racism;
(B) Extensive experience working with communities of color; and
(C) Demonstrated experience bringing a racial equity lens to their work, with a focus on identifying and overcoming or mitigating barriers to racial equity.
(4) The Commission shall examine issues of racial equity in governance in the District in its deliberations, identify best practices in other jurisdictions, and may undertake such other endeavors related to racial equity as it determines necessary to advise the Council. The Commission may also work with the Council's Racial Equity Office.
(5) The Council shall provide administrative support to the Commission and may provide other resources the Council determines are necessary.
(6) The Commission shall not engage in any lobbying of the Council.
(b) It is the sense of the Council that for Council Period 24, the Council should include in its rules the establishment of a Racial Equity Program to produce racial equity training materials, provide ongoing racial equity training for Council staff, and include a protocol for conducting Racial Equity Impact Assessments on legislation.