(a)(1) The Mayor shall appoint the nongovernmental members of the Commission, with the advice and consent of the Council, in accordance with § 1-523.01(f).
(2) The Mayor shall transmit to the Council, within 90 days of April 7, 2017, nominations for each nongovernmental member of the Commission, and thereafter upon a member's resignation or the expiration of a member's term;
(b) Nongovernmental members of the Commission shall be representative of the District's various geographic neighborhoods and stakeholder constituencies, including consumers and providers of youth development programs, organizations that advocate for the needs of youth, and District higher education, philanthropic, workforce development, and cultural institutions; provided, that, at the time of appointment:
(1) At least one member is a consumer of youth development programs in the District; and
(2) At least 2 members are representatives of organizations providing youth development programs in the District.
(c)(1) Nongovernmental members shall serve regular terms of 3 years and may be reappointed for a single 3-year term; except that, of the members first appointed, the Mayor shall designate 4 to serve terms of 2 years.
(2) Notwithstanding paragraph (1) of this subsection, an individual who has served 2 consecutive regular terms on the Commission may serve additional regular terms consistent with this subsection after a break in service on the Commission of at least one year; provided, that no individual may serve more than 6 regular terms on the Commission.
(3) A member appointed to fill a vacancy shall be appointed only for the remainder of the predecessor's term.
(4) A vacancy appointment shall not count toward the term-limits otherwise provided in this subsection.
Applicability of D.C. Law 21-261: § 12 of D.C. Law 21-261 provided that the creation of this section by § 7 of D.C. Law 21-261 is subject to the inclusion of the law’s fiscal effect in an approved budget and financial plan. Therefore that amendment has not been implemented.