For the purposes of this chapter, the term:
(1) “District” means the District of Columbia.
(1A) “Final order” means an order of an administrative law judge or attorney examiner that disposes of a case and that has not been appealed within 15 calendar days after the order has been served on the respondent.
(1B) “Health occupation” means any occupation or profession identified in § 3-1201.02, for which a license is required or for which there is an exemption from licensing.
(2) “Infraction” means any act or failure to act for which a civil sanction may be imposed under the provisions of this chapter, and with respect to which either the Corporation Counsel or the United States Attorney for the District of Columbia is authorized to commence a criminal proceeding in the Superior Court of the District of Columbia, or for which another civil sanction may be imposed under any District laws or regulations.
(2A) “Licensee” means any person:
(A) Licensed under Chapter 28 of Title 47; or
(B) Who engages in an activity that requires licensure under Chapter 28 of Title 47 who has not obtained the appropriate license or whose license has lapsed, has been suspended, or has been revoked.
(3) “Mayor” means the Mayor of the District of Columbia.
(4) “Person” means corporations, firms, agencies, companies, associations, organizations, partnerships, societies, and joint stock companies, as well as individuals.
(5) “Respondent” means any person charged with an infraction as defined in paragraph (2) of this section.
(Oct. 5, 1985, D.C. Law 6-42, § 102, 32 DCR 4450; Mar. 8, 1991, D.C. Law 8-237, § 2(a), 38 DCR 314; Apr. 27, 2001, D.C. Law 13-281, § 105(a), 48 DCR 1888; Apr. 4, 2006, D.C. Law 16-81, § 2(a), 53 DCR 1050; Mar. 2, 2007, D.C. Law 16-191, § 124, 53 DCR 6794.)
1981 Ed., § 6-2702.
Effect of Amendments
D.C. Law 13-281 added par. (1-A).
D.C. Law 16-81 added pars. (1B) and (2A).
D.C. Law 16-191, in par. (2A), validated previously made technical corrections.