(a) The Board shall hold a public hearing to review a proposed moratorium. The public hearing shall be in the nature of a rulemaking hearing under § 2-505 and not in the nature of a contested case under § 2-509.
(b) At the public hearing, any interested person may appear to give oral or written testimony in support of, or in opposition to, the moratorium request.
(c) In addition to receiving testimony from the public, the Board shall request formal comments from the following persons or agencies:
(1) The Councilmembers within whose wards the requested moratorium area is located;
(2) The ANCs within whose areas the requested moratorium area is located and any other ANC abutting the proposed moratorium area;
(3) The Assistant City Administrator for Economic Development, or his or her designee;
(4) The Office of Planning, or its successor agency; and
(5) The District Commander of the Metropolitan Police Department in which the requested moratorium zone is located.
(d) In deciding on a moratorium request, the Board shall consider the extent to which the testimony and comments show that the requested moratorium is appropriate under at least 2 of the appropriateness standards set forth in subchapter II of this chapter.
(e) The Board may grant the moratorium request in one or more of the following ways:
(1) In whole or in part;
(2) By enlarging or decreasing the moratorium area; or
(3) By limiting the moratorium to no more than one class of license.
(f) The Board may deny the moratorium request in its entirety.
(g) The decision of the Board shall be final and shall be issued in writing, including each member’s vote.
Effect of Amendments
D.C. Law 15-187, in par. (2) of subsec. (c), substituted “is located and any other ANC abutting the proposed moratorium area” for “is located”.