A licensee with a game of skill machine endorsement shall:
(1) Not allow or permit a person under 18 years of age to play a game of skill machine and shall designate an employee to regularly monitor the designated area where game of skill machines are played to ensure that no person under 18 years of age is playing or attempting to play a game of skill machine;
(2) Verify that each person playing a game of skill machine is lawfully permitted to do so by checking the person's government-issued identification document upon entry into either the licensed establishment or the designated area where the game of skill machines are located and where the person seeks to cash out his or her winnings, if any; except, that the failure of a licensee to verify a person's identification shall not be a violation of this paragraph if the person whose identification was not checked is 18 years of age or older;
(3) Not allow or permit a person that appears intoxicated or under the influence of a narcotic or other substance to play a game of skill machine;
(4) Not share revenue from the licensee's sale of alcohol with a manufacturer or distributor of a game of skill machine, unless approved by the Board as an owner of the license;
(5) Not allow or permit the placement of a game of skill machine on an outdoor public or private space that has not been approved by the Board;
(6) Not allow or permit the placement of a game of skill machine outside of the designated areas contained on the applicant's diagram provided as part of the license application or outside the areas approved by the Board;
(7) Not have more than 5 game of skill machines on the licensed premises; and
(8) Install security cameras that are operational and record for 30 days, in the areas designated for game of skill machines, near the cash register or terminal where cash winnings of game of skill machines are processed, and where the licensee's money is stored.
For temporary (90 days) creation of this section, see § 3(d)(4) of Revised Game of Skill Machines Consumer Protections Congressional Review Emergency Amendment Act of 2021 (D.C. Act 24-16, Feb. 26, 2021, 68 DCR 002559).