For the purposes of this subchapter, the term:
(1) "Booking service" means any person or entity that facilitates short-term rental reservations and collects payment for lodging in a short-term rental. A booking service shall be a room remarketer within the meaning of § 47-2001(o-1).
(2) "Department" means the Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs or its successor agency.
(4) "Primary residence" means the property is eligible for the homestead deduction pursuant to § 47-850.
(5) "Short-term rental" means paid lodging for transient guests with the host present, unless it is a vacation rental. A short-term rental is not a hotel, inn, motel, boarding house, rooming house, or bed and breakfast. A short-term rental operates within a portion of the host's residential property, unless it is a vacation rental.
(6) "Vacation rental" means a short-term rental that operates within a host's residential property wherein a transient guest has exclusive use of the host's property during the transient guest's stay and the host is not present on the premises. A vacation rental is subject to additional restrictions, including § 30-201.06(e).
Applicability of D.C. Law 22-307: Section 6(b) of D.C. Act 23-165 repealed, on an emergency basis, § 301 of D.C. Law 22-307. Therefore the creation of this section by D.C. Law 22-307 has been implemented.
Applicability of D.C. Law 22-307: § 301 of D.C. Law 22-307 provided that the creation of this section by § 101 of D.C. Law 22-307 is subject to the inclusion of the law’s fiscal effect in an approved budget and financial plan. Therefore that amendment has not been implemented.