(a) The executive board shall hire an executive director within 60 days of a majority of executive board members being confirmed to organize, administer, and manage the operations of the Authority.
(1) The executive director shall not be an employee in the career service and shall serve at the pleasure of the executive board.
(2) The executive director shall become a resident of the District within 180 days of the date of hire.
(b) The executive board shall determine the appropriate compensation for the executive director; provided, that the executive director’s compensation shall not exceed the maximum allowable salary in the District of Columbia Excepted Service salary schedule.
(c) Under the direction of the executive board, the executive director shall;
(1) Be the chief administrative officer of the Authority;
(2) Direct, administer, and manage the operations of the Authority; and
(3) Perform all duties necessary to comply with and carry out the provisions of this chapter, other District laws and regulations, and the Federal Act.
(d)(1) The executive director may employ and retain staff for the Authority.
(2) The executive director may retain as independent contractors or employees, and set compensation for:
(B) Financial consultants; and
(C) Other professionals or consultants necessary to carry out the planning, development, and operations of the Authority and the provisions of this chapter.
(3) Employee compensation shall not exceed the maximum allowable salary in the District of Columbia Excepted Service salary schedule.
(e) Except as otherwise provided in this chapter, an employee or independent contractor of the Authority shall not be subject to any law, regulation or Mayor’s Order governing District government compensation, including furloughs, pay cuts, or any other general fund cost-saving measure.