The Secretary of the Army is authorized to permit the construction and operation of any intake and discharge tunnels and/or other structures in the Anacostia River insofar as they affect navigable waters of the United States; and the Director of National Park Service is authorized, in consideration of the above mentioned quitclaims to the United States, to convey, on behalf of the United States, to the owners of square 667 that portion of square east of 667 lying west of the direct southerly projection of the west line of Half Street as existing on June 15, 1932, north of U Street Southwest; and said Director of National Park Service is authorized to permit the construction and operation of any pipelines and intake and discharge tunnels, upon such terms and conditions as shall be fair and reasonable, under and on any lands owned or claimed by the government of the United States lying in the above area and/or between the east line of Water Street, or other streets, and the Anacostia River. All areas conveyed by the United States to the owners of square 667 shall thereafter be assessed on the books of the Assessor of the District of Columbia the same in all respects as other private properties in the District of Columbia.
1981 Ed., § 43-1304.
1973 Ed., § 43-1304.
References in Text
The Director of Public Buildings and Public Parks of the National Capital was changed to the Director of National Parks, Buildings and Reservations by Executive Order No. 6166, dated June 10, 1933. This in turn was changed to the Director of National Park Service by the Act of March 2, 1934, 48 Stat. 389, ch. 38, § 1.
Office of Assessor abolished: The Office of the Assessor was abolished and the functions thereof transferred to the Board of Commissioners of the District of Columbia by Reorganization Plan No. 5 of 1952. All functions of the Office of the Assessor including the functions of all officers, employees and subordinate agencies were transferred to the Department of General Administration by Reorganization Order No. 3 of the Board of Commissioners, dated August 28, 1952. Reorganization Order No. 20, dated November 10, 1952, abolished the Office of the Assessor and transferred the functions to the Finance Office in the Department of General Administration. The same Order provided that an Office of the Assessor would be created in the Finance Office. Reorganization Order No. 20 was superseded and replaced by Organization Order No. 121, dated December 12, 1957, which provided that the Finance Office (consisting of the Office of the Finance Officers, Property Tax Division, Revenue Division, Treasury Division, Accounting Division, and Data Processing Division) shall continue under the direction and control of the Director of General Administration, and prescribed the functions thereof. The executive functions of the Board of Commissioners were transferred to the Commissioner of the District of Columbia by § 401 of Reorganization Plan No. 3 of 1967. Organization Order No. 121 was revoked by Organization Order No. 3, dated December 13, 1967, Part IVC of which prescribed the functions of the Finance Office within a newly established Department of General Administration. Functions of the Finance Office as stated in Part IVC of Organization Order No. 3 were transferred to the Director of the Department of Finance and Revenue by Commissioner’s Order No. 69-96, dated March 7, 1969. Functions pertaining to centralized accounting as set forth in Commissioner’s Order No. 69-96 were transferred to the Director of the Office of Budget and Financial Management by Organization Order No. 30, dated April 5, 1972. The Office of Budget and Financial Management was replaced by Organization Order No. 50, dated December 31, 1974, which Order established the Office of Budget and Management Systems. The Office of Budget and Management Systems was replaced by Mayor’s Order 79-5, dated January 2, 1979, which Order established the Office of Budget and Resource Development.