(a)(1) A person may not, after March 31, 2021, manufacture a game of skill machine in the District or manufacture and cause to be delivered into the District a game of skill machine, unless the person has a valid manufacturer's license issued under this subchapter.
(2) A manufacturer may, after March 31, 2021, only sell or lease game of skill machines for use in the District to persons having a valid distributor's license.
(b) A person applying for a manufacturer's license shall do so on a form prescribed by the Office. The form shall require:
(1) The name of the applicant;
(2) The mailing address of the applicant and, if the applicant is a corporation, the name of the state in which it is incorporated, the location of its principal place of business, and the names and addresses of its directors;
(3) A report of the applicant's financial activities, including evidence of financial stability, such as bank statements, business and personal income and disbursement schedules, and tax returns; and
(4) Such other information as the Office may require by rule.
(c) In considering whether to approve an application for a manufacturer's license, the Office may consider, among such other evidence as may come before the Office, evidence of the applicant's licensure, conduct, and activities in another jurisdiction.
(d) An applicant for a manufacturer's license shall pay a nonrefundable application fee of $10,000 with the application.
(e) A manufacturer's license shall be renewed annually; provided, that the licensee has continued to comply with all statutory and regulatory requirements and pays upon submission of its renewal application a $5,000 renewal fee.
For temporary (90 days) creation of this section, see § 2(b) of Revised Game of Skill Machines Consumer Protections Congressional Review Emergency Amendment Act of 2021 (D.C. Act 24-16, Feb. 26, 2021, 68 DCR 002559).