(a) A person may not offer or allow for play a game of skill machine at the location in the District unless the location:
(1) Is a licensed establishment;
(2) Possesses a game of skill machine endorsement from ABRA in accordance with § 25-113.01(e), and, after March 31, 2021, a retailer's license from the Office; and
(3) Has entered into a written use agreement with a licensed distributor (or before April 1, 2021, with a distributor) for the placement or installation of a game of skill machine or machines on the licensed premises.
(b) A person shall apply for a retailer's license on a form prescribed by the Office. The form shall require:
(1) The name of the applicant;
(2) The mailing address of the applicant and, if the applicant is a corporation, the name of the state in which it is incorporated, the location of its principal place of business, and the names and addresses of its directors;
(3) At the discretion of the Office, a report of the applicant's financial activities, including evidence of financial stability, such as bank statements, business and personal income and disbursement schedules, and tax returns; and
(4) Any other information the Office considers necessary.
(c) An applicant for a retailer's license shall pay a nonrefundable application fee of $300 with the application.
(d) A retailer's license shall be renewed annually; provided, that the licensee continued to comply with the statutory and regulatory requirements and pays upon submission of its renewal application a $300 renewal fee.
(e) The Office may require a retailer to be bonded, in such amounts and in such manner as determined by the Office.
(f) Game of skill machines shall not be offered or allowed to be played in the District other than at an establishment licensed as a retailer.
For temporary (90 days) creation of this section, see § 2(b) of Revised Game of Skill Machines Consumer Protections Congressional Review Emergency Amendment Act of 2021 (D.C. Act 24-16, Feb. 26, 2021, 68 DCR 002559).