For the purpose of this unit:
(1) The term “Trustees” means the Board of Trustees established under subchapter II of this unit.
(2) The term “Chief Executive Officer” means the chief executive and administrative officer of the University.
(3) The term “University” means the University of the District of Columbia authorized and directed to be established under subchapter II of this unit.
(4) The term “academic and administrative head” means the academic and administrative head of each of the components of the University.
(5) The term “Mayor” means the Office of the Mayor of the District of Columbia established by § 1-204.21.
(6) The term “Council” means the Council of the District of Columbia established by § 1-204.01.
(7) The term “Board of Higher Education” means the Board of Higher Education established under § 38-1102.
(8) The term “Vocational Board” means the Board of Vocational Education established under § 38-1122.
(9) The term “Board” means the District of Columbia Board of Education established under § 1-204.95 [repealed].
(10) The term “financial institution” means an insured bank as defined in § 3 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act [12 U.S.C. § 1813], or a savings and loan association as defined in § 401 [12 U.S.C. § 1724, repealed] of the National Housing Act.
(11) The term “component” means that segment of the whole University such as a school, college, branch or campus, which, because of its nature, the Board of Trustees specifies as constituting an identifiable entity for the purpose of, but not limited to, being administered by an academic and administrative head.
(12) The term “University of the District of Columbia School of Law” (“School of Law”) means the institution that had been established under § 38-1205.03(b) [repealed] as the District of Columbia School of Law. Any reference to a degree holder of the School of Law shall include any person who received a degree from the Antioch School of Law during the period when it was operated as a part of the Antioch University, as well as any person who received a degree after the establishment of the public School of Law under § 38-1205.03 [repealed] and persons who receive a degree from the University of the District of Columbia School of Law.
(13) “State” means any of the 50 states of the United States in addition to the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands of the United States.
1981 Ed., § 31-1502.
1973 Ed., § 31-1702.
For temporary amendment of section, see § 301(a) of the Fiscal Year 1996 Budget Support Emergency Act of 1996 (D.C. Act 11-264, April 26, 1996, 43 DCR 2412), and § 201(a) of the Fiscal Year 1996 Budget Support Congressional Review Emergency Act of 1996 (D.C. Act 11-335, August 1, 1996, 43 DCR 4256).
Section 501 of D.C. Act 11-335 provided for the application of the act.
References in Text
“Section 3 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act,” referred to in paragraph (10), is codified at 12 U.S.C. § 1813.
“Section 401 of the National Housing Act,” referred to in paragraph (10), was codified at 12 U.S.C. § 1724, and was repealed by the Act of August 9, 1989, 103 Stat. 363, Pub. L. 101-73.
Section 38-1205.03, referred to twice in (12), was repealed by D.C. Law 11-152, 43 DCR 2978.