(a) A Rate Reconsideration Panel shall be established to review requests for rate reconsideration. The Panel shall be comprised of the following individuals:
(1) One individual designated by the State Superintendent of Education;
(3) One individual designated by the Chief Financial Officer;
(4) One individual designated by the Director of the Department of Health;
(5) Two parents of students with disabilities, designated by the Mayor; and
(6) One representative of a nonpublic special education school or program serving students from the District of Columbia, designated by the Mayor.
(b) The members of the Panel shall elect the Chairman of the Panel.
(c) The presence of at least 4 members of the Panel shall constitute a quorum necessary for the Panel to conduct official business.
(d) The representative of the nonpublic special education school or program shall recuse himself or herself from any cases involving his or her school or program.
Effect of Amendments
The 2015 amendment by D.C. Law 20-195 substituted “State Superintendent of Education” for “Superintendent of Schools” in (a)(1); and repealed (a)(2).
For temporary (90 day) addition, see § 114 of Placement of Students with Disabilities in Nonpublic Schools Emergency Amendment Act of 2006 (D.C. Act 16-667, December 28, 2006, 54 DCR 1134).