(a) Within 90 days of October 1, 2019, the Office of Planning shall submit a report to the Mayor and the Council describing best practices for developing a central kitchen in the District to:
(1) Prepare, process, grow, and store healthy and nutritious foods for schools and nonprofit organizations;
(2) Support nutrition education programs; and
(3) Provide job-training programs for students and District residents.
(b) The report required by subsection (a) of this section shall:
(1) Include research and case studies on central kitchen facilities in other jurisdictions;
(2) Identify any agencies that should design, build, or manage a central kitchen facility; and
(3) Consider how a central kitchen facility could assist other facilities serving meals, such as child development centers, senior centers, recreation centers, and corrections facilities.
Applicability of D.C. Law 22-240: § 3 of D.C. Law 22-240 provided that the creation of this section by § 2(g) of D.C. Law 22-240 is subject to the inclusion of the law’s fiscal effect in an approved budget and financial plan. Therefore that amendment has not been implemented.
For temporary (90 days) repeal of applicability provision of D.C. Law 22-240, see § 7160 of Fiscal Year 2020 Budget Support Congressional Review Emergency Act of 2019 (D.C. Act 23-112, Sept. 4, 2019, 66 DCR 11964).