(a) It shall be the goal of the District of Columbia for children to engage in physical activity for 60 minutes each day.
(b) Public schools and public charter schools shall promote this goal.
(c) Public schools and public charter schools shall seek to maximize physical activity by means including:
(1) Extending the school day;
(2) Encouraging students to walk or bike to school;
(3) Promoting active recess;
(4) Including physical activity in after-school activities;
(5) Supporting athletic programs; and
(6) Integrating movement into classroom instruction.
(7) Not Funded.
(8) Not Funded.
Applicability of D.C. Law 22-240: § 3 of D.C. Law 22-240 provided that the change made to this section by § 2(o) of D.C. Law 22-240 is subject to the inclusion of the law’s fiscal effect in an approved budget and financial plan. Therefore that amendment has not been implemented.