For the purposes of this chapter, the term:
(1) “Applicable schools” means any public or public charter high school beginning in the 2016-2017 school year and any public or public charter middle school beginning in the 2017-2018 school year.
(2) “Athletic program” means all interscholastic sports offered to students by an applicable school.
(3) “Competition level” means the division or categorization of teams by ability or competitiveness, which may include varsity, junior varsity, and intramural.
(3A) "DCSAA" means the District of Columbia State Athletic Association.
(4) “GERC” means a Gender Equity Review Committee established pursuant to § 38-841.04(a).
(5) “Interscholastic athletics program” means all athletic activities or sports offered within a school, the purpose of which is to provide opportunities for students to compete with other students on like teams in other schools.
(6) “Local education agency” or “LEA” means the District of Columbia Public Schools system or any individual or group of public charter schools operating under a single charter.
(7) “OSSE” means the Office of the State Superintendent of Education.
(8) “Participant” means a student who is attending an applicable school and a member on the tryout roster or official team roster of an interscholastic or intramural activity or sport who participated in team practices, contests, and competitions, or otherwise engaging in other activities as part of the team and was eligible for participation.
(9) “Participation rate” means the ratio of the number of participants of that gender in the athletic program to the number of students of that gender in the student body.
(10) “Title IX” means Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, approved June 23, 1972 (86 Stat. 373; 20 U.S.C. §§ 1681-1688).
(11) “Title IX regulations” means 34 CFR § 106.1 et seq.
Applicability of D.C. Law 21-263: § 301 of D.C. Law 21-263 provided that the change made to this section by § 203(a) of D.C. Law 21-263 is subject to the inclusion of the law’s fiscal effect in an approved budget and financial plan. Therefore that amendment has not been implemented.