(a) There is established as a special fund the Books from Birth Fund (“Fund”), which shall be administered by the Board in accordance with subsection (c) of this section.
(b) Revenue from the following sources shall be deposited in the Fund:
(1) Funds appropriated by the District;
(2) Donations from the public;
(3) Donations from private entities; and
(4) Funds provided through a sponsorship agreement.
(c) Money in the Fund shall be used to implement and promote the Books from Birth program, including:
(1) Purchasing books for the Books from Birth program;
(2) Handling and delivery costs;
(3) Promotional costs; and
(4) Appropriate overhead or administrative expenses related to the Books from Birth program and the Fund.
(d)(1) The money deposited into the Fund, and interest earned, shall not revert to the unrestricted fund balance of the General Fund of the District of Columbia at the end of a fiscal year, or at any other time.
(2) Subject to authorization in an approved budget and financial plan, any funds appropriated in the Fund shall be continually available without regard to fiscal year limitation.
For temporary (90 days) addition of this section, see § 4072 of the Fiscal Year 2016 Budget Support Emergency Act of 2015 (D.C. Act 21-127, July 27, 2015, 62 DCR 10201).