(1) “Board” means the District of Columbia Board of Education.
(2) “Ceased to attend school” means a pregnant or parenting teen has 20 or more consecutive full days of unexcused absences from school.
(3) “Child care” means care, supervision, and guidance for children for less than 24 hours per day per child in any licensed child development facility.
(4) “Department” means the Department of Human Services.
(5) “Dropout” means a pregnant or parenting teen who has:
(A) Ceased to attend school; or
(B) Has not graduated from high school or received a general educational equivalency diploma or certificate of completion from an alternative course of study approved by the Board; and
(C) Does not meet the school attendance requirements of § 4-205.65.
(6) “High school equivalency diploma” means a certificate of educational achievement issued under the regulations and requirements of the District of Columbia Public Schools.
(7) “Pregnant or parenting teen” means a person who has a child or children, or is pregnant in the third trimester of the first pregnancy, and is under 18 years of age.
1981 Ed., § 3-205.61.
Expiration of Law
Expiration of Law 11-72
See note to § 4-205.01.