(a) At least once per year, the Mayor may provide written notice regarding the federal Earned Income Tax Credit to each individual listed in subsection (c) of this section.
(b) The notice specified in subsection (a) of this section may include information regarding the following:
(1) A summary of the eligibility requirements for the Earned Income Credit;
(2) The amount of the maximum allowable Earned Income Credit for different family sizes;
(3) A summary of the process for applying for the Earned Income Credit, including the process for receiving advanced payments of the credit; and
(4) A telephone number to call to receive additional information about the Earned Income Credit.
(c) The notice specified in subsection (a) of this section may be provided to:
(1) Each TANF head of an assistance unit;
(2) Each adult who receives Medicaid benefits or who is caring for a child who receives Medicaid benefits; and
(3) Each Food Stamp program head of household.
1981 Ed., § 3-205.82.
See notes to § 4-205.69.
For temporary (225 day) addition of section, see § 4(h) of Self-Sufficiency Promotion Temporary Amendment Act of 1998 (D.C. Law 12-230, April 20, 1999, law notification 46 DCR 4143).