(a) The Mayor shall appoint a Director to End Homelessness (“Director”), pursuant to § 1-523.01(a). The Director shall report to the Mayor, and shall be highly qualified and experienced. The Mayor is encouraged to consult with the Interagency Council of Homelessness on the specific qualifications and job description for this position.
(b) The Director shall:
(1) Coordinate efforts across agencies to end homelessness in the District;
(2) Provide a single point of accountability for efforts to end homelessness in the District;
(3) Help lead and coordinate the Interagency Council on Homelessness;
(4) Work with community stakeholders and the Interagency Council to create, coordinate, and implement a plan to end homelessness in the District;
(5) Create and monitor performance measures that track the District’s progress on the plan to end homelessness; and
(6) Report to the Mayor and to the Council by September 30 of each year, beginning in 2014, on the status of ending homelessness in the District.
Effect of Amendments
The 2013 amendment by D.C. Law 20-61 added this section.
For temporary (90 days) addition of this section, see § 5182(i) of the Fiscal Year 2014 Budget Support Emergency Act of 2013 (D.C. Act 20-130, July 30, 2013, 60 DCR 11384, 20 DCSTAT 1827).
For temporary (90 days) addition of this section, see § 5182(i) of the Fiscal Year 2014 Budget Support Congressional Review Emergency Act of 2013 (D.C. Act 20-204, October 17, 2013, 60 DCR 15341, 20 DCSTAT 2311).
Section 5181 of D.C. Law 20-61 provided that Subtitle Q of Title V of the act may be cited as the “Homeless Services Reform Emergency Amendment Act of 2013”.
Section 2 of D.C. Law 20-206 provided that the Mayor shall develop a plan to provide continued homeless services for individuals residing at the property located at 425 2nd Street, N.W., and provided requirements for the plan.