For the purposes of this chapter, the term:
(1) "Board" means the executive and administrative entity, by whatever name denominated, designated in the organizing instruments of a common interest community to act for the unit owners' association in governing and maintaining the common interest community.
(2) "Common elements" means all portions of the common interest community other than the units and as defined in the organizing instruments of the common interest community.
(3) "Common interest community" means a residential condominium, residential cooperative, or other residential real property with respect to which a person, by virtue of the person's ownership of a parcel of real property, is obligated to pay property taxes or insurance premiums, or for maintenance, or improvement of other real property described in a recorded covenant that creates the common interest community.
(4) "DHCD" means the Department of Housing and Community Development.
(5) "Green Communities standard" means criteria for the sustainable design, construction, and operation of healthy, energy-efficient, and environmentally responsible affordable housing established and published by Enterprise Community Partners.
(6) "MFI" means the median family income for a household in the Washington Metropolitan Statistical Area as set forth in the periodic calculation provided by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development ("HUD"), adjusted for family size, without regard to any adjustments made by HUD for the purposes of the programs it administers.