In enacting this chapter, the Council of the District of Columbia supports the following statutory purposes:
(1) To protect low- and moderate-income tenants from the erosion of their income from increased housing costs;
(2) To provide incentives for the construction of new rental units and the rehabilitation of vacant rental units in the District;
(3) To continue to improve the administrative machinery for the resolution of disputes and controversies between housing providers and tenants;
(4) To protect the existing supply of rental housing from conversion to other uses; and
(5) To prevent the erosion of moderately priced rental housing while providing housing providers and developers with a reasonable rate of return on their investments.
1981 Ed., § 45-2502.
Expiration of Law
See Historical and Statutory Notes following § 42-3501.01.