Board of Children’s Guardians, successors of trustees of the Industrial Home School of the District of Columbia, is abolished, and the powers and duties of such Board as specified and restricted by law are transferred to the Department of Human Services.
(Feb. 28, 1923, 42 Stat. 1361, ch. 148, § 1; Mar. 16, 1926, 44 Stat. 208, ch. 58, §§ 1, 2.)
1981 Ed., § 32-702.
1973 Ed., § 32-502.
Charitable organizations receiving federal appropriations, board members, and adverse or pecuniary interest, see § 44-714.
Board of Public Welfare abolished: The Board of Public Welfare was abolished and the functions thereof transferred to the Board of Commissioners of the District of Columbia by Reorganization Plan No. 5 of 1952. Reorganization Order No. 58 as amended, redesignated as Organization Order No. 140 and amended, established, under the direction and control of a Commissioner, a Department of Public Welfare, headed by a Director with the purpose of planning, implementing, and directing public welfare programs. Reorganization Order No. 58 provided that the previously existing Board of Public Welfare would be abolished. That Order also transferred specified functions of the former Board to the Department of Public Health and the Department of Public Welfare. The executive functions of the Board of Commissioners were transferred to the Commissioner of the District of Columbia by § 401 of Reorganization Plan No. 3 of 1967. Functions of the Department of Public Welfare and of the Department of Public Health as set forth in Organization Order Nos. 140 and 141, respectively, were transferred to the Director of the Department of Human Resources by Commissioner’s Order No. 69-96, dated March 7, 1969, as amended by Commissioner’s Order No. 70-83, dated March 6, 1970. The Department of Human Resources was replaced by the Department of Human Services by Reorganization Plan No. 2 of 1979, dated February 21, 1980.