For the purposes of this subchapter, the term:
(1) "Department" means the Department of Health Care Finance.
(2) "Hospital" shall have the same meaning as provided in § 44-501(a)(1), but excludes any hospital operated by the federal government and any specialty hospital, as defined by the District of Columbia's Medicaid State Plan ("State Plan"), or a hospital that is reimbursed under a specialty hospital reimbursement methodology under the State Plan.
(3) "Hospital system" means any group of hospitals licensed separately but operated, owned, or maintained by a common entity.
(4) "Inpatient net patient revenue" means the amount calculated in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles for hospitals as derived from each hospital's filed Hospital and Hospital Health Care Complex Cost Report (Form CMS-2552-10), filed for the period between October 1 and September 30 of the period 3 fiscal years prior to the fiscal year the fee is assessed, using the references below:
(A) The sum of: Worksheet G-2; Column 1; Lines 1, 2, 3, 4, 16 and 18;
(B) Minus: The ratio of the sum of Worksheet G-2; Column 1; Lines 5, 6, and 7 divided by Worksheet G-2; Column 1; Line 17 multiplied by Worksheet G-2; Column 1; Line 18;
(C) Divided by: Worksheet G-2; Column 3; Line 28; and
(D) Multiplied by: Worksheet G-3; Column 1; Line 3.
(5) "Medicaid" means the medical assistance programs authorized by Title XIX of the Social Security Act, approved July 30, 1965 (79 Stat. 343; 42 U.S.C. § 1396 et seq.) ("Social Security Act"), and by § 1-307.02, and administered by the Department.
For temporary (90-day) creation of this section, see § 5082 of the Fiscal Year 2018 Budget Support Congressional Review Emergency Act of 2017, effective October 24, 2017 (D.C. Act 22-167; 64 DCR 10802).