(a) For the purposes of this section, the term:
(1) "Soccer stadium" means a soccer stadium constructed after October 1, 2014 on a site bounded by Second Street, S.W., T Street, S.W., Half Street, S.W., Potomac Avenue, S.W., and R Street, S.W.
(2) "Soccer stadium site" means the real property described as Squares 603S, 605, 607, 661, and 661N, and the northwest portion of Lot 24 in Square 665 as described in the letter of intent between the District and Potomac Electric Power Company dated December 27, 2013, and all public alleys and streets to be closed within these squares.
(b) The real property taxes imposed under Chapter 8 of this title and the possessory interest tax imposed under § 47-1005.01 on that portion of the soccer stadium site on which the soccer stadium is constructed, shall be abated as follows:
(1) Beginning on June 1, 2016, or the date by which the District acquires title to each portion of the soccer stadium site on which the soccer stadium is constructed, whichever is later, through the fifth lease year —100%;
(2) For lease years 6 through 10-75%;
(3) For lease years 11 through 15-50%;
(4) For lease years 16 through 20-25%;
(5) Beginning with the 21st lease year and for each lease year thereafter -- zero.
(c)(1) The abatements provided by subsection (b) of this section for any real property tax year may be allocated between half tax years at the discretion of the Office of Tax and Revenue.
(2) The abatements provided by subsection (b) of this section shall terminate at the end of the half tax year during which the soccer stadium ceases to be used as a stadium by a major league soccer team.
(d)(1) All transfers of real property in the soccer stadium site from the possession date, as that term is defined in the revised ground lease transmitted pursuant to [§ 10-1603.04(a)] ("ground lease"), through the end of the term of the ground lease shall be exempt from the taxes imposed by § 42-1103 and § 47-903.
(2) The exemptions provided under paragraph (1) of this subsection shall expire on the termination of the ground lease.
(e) The abatements and exemptions provided by this section shall be in addition to, and not in lieu of, any other tax relief or assistance from any other source applicable to the soccer stadium.
Applicability of D.C. Law 20-233: Section 301 of D.C. Law 20-233 provided (1) that the act shall apply upon the date of inclusions of its fiscal effect in an approved budget and financial plan; (2) that the Chief Financial Officer shall certify the date of the inclusion of the fiscal effect in an approved budget and financial plan, and provide notice to the Budget Director of the Council of the certification; and (3) that the Budget Director shall cause the notice of the certification to be published in the District of Columbia Register and that the date of publication of the notice of the certification shall not affect the applicability of the act.
For temporary (90 days) addition of this section, see § 203(b) of the Soccer Stadium Development Emergency Amendment Act of 2014 (D.C. Act 20-557, Dec. 30, 2014, 62 DCR 448, 20 STAT 4467).