(a) There is established as a special fund the Metropolitan Police Department Body-Worn Camera Fund (“Fund”), which shall be administered by the Metropolitan Police Department.
(b) Funds from the following sources shall be deposited into the Fund:
(1) All fees that are paid as part of Freedom of Information Act requests for body-worn camera recordings recorded by the Metropolitan Police Department;
(2) All monies appropriated to the Fund;
(3) Federal grants to the Fund; and
(4) Private monies donated to the Fund.
(c) Money in the Fund shall be used for the purpose of procuring a vendor to perform any necessary redactions of body-worn camera recordings.
(d)(1) The money deposited into the Fund, and interest earned, shall not revert to the unrestricted fund balance of the General Fund of the District of Columbia at the end of a fiscal year, or at any other time.
(2) Subject to authorization in an approved budget and financial plan, any funds appropriated in the Fund shall be continually available without regard to fiscal year limitation.
For temporary (90 days) addition of this section, see § 4 of the Body-Worn Camera Program Emergency Amendment Act of 2015 (D.C. Act 21-253, Dec. 30, 2015, 63 DCR 271).