For the purposes of this chapter, the term:
(1) "Central Business District" shall have the same meaning as provided in section 9901.1 of Title 18 of the District of Columbia Municipal Regulations (18 DCMR § 9901.1).
(2) "Crosswalk" means that part of a roadway at an intersection included within the lateral lines connecting sidewalks on opposite sides of the roadway.
(3) "DDOT" means the District Department of Transportation.
(4) "Director" means the Director of the District Department of Transportation.
(5) "Operator" means a person who has the ability to control the operations of a PDD through the use of remote control technology.
(6) "PDD" means a device powered by an electric motor, for use primarily on sidewalks, capable of:
(A) Transporting items with or without an operator directly controlling the device;
(B) Identifying and yielding to:
(iii) Other lawful users of public space; and
(C) Navigating public thoroughfares; and
(D) Interpreting traffic signals and signs at crosswalks.
(7) "Pedestrian" means any person afoot or who is using a wheelchair.
(8) "Public thoroughfare" means any street, road, alley, or paved public space that is under the jurisdiction of the District of Columbia.
Repeal of Law
Section 7(c) of Law 22-137 repealed this chapter effective December 31, 2018.