DDOT shall implement a pilot program ("Program") for the establishment and operation of passenger loading zones in the District as follows:
(1) DDOT shall establish one passenger loading zone in the Golden Triangle BID and may establish additional passenger loading zones elsewhere in the District.
(2) DDOT may designate one or more prohibited pick-up and drop-off areas near each passenger loading zone.
(3) DDOT shall establish hours of operation for each passenger loading zone and each prohibited pick-up and drop off-area designated pursuant to paragraphs (1) and (2) of this section.
(4) During the hours of operation established pursuant to paragraph (3) of this section, parking shall be prohibited within each passenger loading zone. A person who violates this paragraph shall be subject to a civil fine of $75.
(5) During the hours of operation established pursuant to paragraph (3) of this section, picking up and dropping off passengers shall be prohibited within each prohibited pick-up and drop-off areas. A person who violates this paragraph shall be subject to a civil fine in an amount to be determined by the Mayor.
(6) DDOT shall enforce paragraphs (4) and (5) of this section in coordination with DPW.
(7) DDOT shall post signage in each passenger loading zone and each prohibited pick-up and drop-off area identifying the zone or area's hours of operations, any other restrictions on the use of the zone or area, and the amount of the fine for violating paragraph (4) or (5) of this section and shall give notice of the same to the Department of For-Hire Vehicles, the affected Ward Councilmember, the affected Advisory Neighborhood Commission, and affected business organizations before establishment of the zone.
(8) DDOT may accept funds from a BID corporation established in accordance with subchapter VIII of Chapter 12 of Title 2, and donated pursuant to § 1-329.01; provided, that such funds shall be expended for the purpose of establishing and operating a passenger loading zone in that BID corporation's business improvement district.
(9) No later than December 31, 2019, DDOT shall present a report to the Council on the efficacy of the Program, which shall include recommendations on the continued need for a passenger loading zone in the Golden Triangle BID and in other areas in which a passenger loading zone has been established.
(10) DDOT shall operate the passenger loading zone in the Golden Triangle BID for no more than 7 months.