For the purposes of this chapter, the term:
(1) "Bicyclist" means a person operating a bicycle, as that term is defined in § 50-1609(1).
(2) "Commissioner" means the Commissioner of the Department of Insurance, Securities, and Banking, or the Commissioner's designee.
(3) "Insured" means a named insured or any other person insured in a bicycle insurance policy, with the exception of those persons specifically excluded by endorsement on the bicycle insurance policy.
(4) "Insurer" means any person, company, or professional association licensed in the District of Columbia that provides bicycle insurance policies.
(5) "Named insured" means the person identified in the declaration of the bicycle insurance policy.
(6) "Person" means any natural person, firm, copartnership, association, government, government agency, or instrumentality.
For requirement of the issuance of rules to implement title 7 of Law 21-155, see § 703 of D.C. Law 21-155.