For the purposes of this subchapter, the term:
(1) "Electric vehicle" means a vehicle that is propelled by an electric motor and is capable of being recharged from an external source of electricity.
(1A) "Electric vehicle charging station" means a publically accessible facility or equipment that is located on public property, including any public space in the District, and is used to charge the battery or other energy storage device of an electric vehicle.
(1B) “Person” means an individual, corporation, firm, agency, company, association, organization, partnership, society, or joint stock company.
(2) “Property line” means the line of demarcation separating privately owned property fronting or abutting a street or alley from publicly owned property on the other side of the line of demarcation.
(3) “Public right-of-way” means the surface, air space above the surface, and area below the surface of any public street, highway, bridge, tunnel, alley, or sidewalk.
(4) “Public space” means all the publicly owned property between property lines shown on the records of the District, and includes any roadway, tree space, sidewalk, or parking between such property lines.
(5) “Respondent” means a person subject to a civil fine, compliance order, or abatement procedure as defined in § 50-921.19.
Section 7026 of D.C. Law 22-168 repealed section 3 of D.C. Law 22-78 amending the applicability restriction impacting this section. Therefore the amendments of this section by D.C. Law 22-78 have been implemented.
Applicability of D.C. Law 22-78: § 3 of D.C. Law 22-78 provided that the change made to this section by § 2(a) of D.C. Law 22-78 is subject to the inclusion of the law’s fiscal effect in an approved budget and financial plan. Therefore that amendment has not been implemented.
Applicability of D.C. Law 20-207: Section 12(a) of D.C. Law 20-207 provided that §§ 2(a), 2(b)(1), 2(b)(2)(A), 2(b)(2)(B), 2(b)(2)(C), 2(c), 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, and 11 shall apply as of March 11, 2015.