(a) The Task Force shall consider the following goals and policy objectives when developing the Comprehensive Housing Strategy:
(1) Preserving and creating mixed-income neighborhoods;
(2) Assessing and improving the quality, availability, and affordability of rental housing for households at all income levels, including the impact of regulatory and other factors on the provision of quality rental housing;
(3) Assessing and increasing homeownership opportunities for households at all income levels;
(4) Preventing the involuntary displacement of long-term residents;
(5) Assessing the quality and availability of housing options for special populations, such as seniors, individuals with physical or mental disabilities, and individuals who were formerly homeless;
(6) Assessing and improving the quality and availability of workforce housing; and
(7) Increasing the District of Columbia’s population by 100,000 residents by the year 2013.
(b) For the purposes of subsection (a) of this section “affordability” means housing for which monthly costs, including utilities, consume no more than 30% of the household’s monthly income.
(c) The Comprehensive Housing Strategy shall include:
(1) The Task Force’s findings;
(2) Housing production goals for each of the 10 succeeding years;
(3) A 10-year implementation timetable;
(4) Public policy recommendations designed to help meet the housing production and preservation goals; and
(5) An estimate of the public and private funding required to achieve the identified housing production and preservation goals.
This section is referenced in § 6-1054.
For temporary (90 day) addition, see § 3 of Comprehensive Housing Strategy Emergency Act of 2003 (D.C. Act 15-143, July 29, 2003, 50 DCR 6888).
For temporary (90 day) addition, see § 3 of Comprehensive Housing Strategy Congressional Review Emergency Act of 2003 (D.C. Act 15-215, November 7, 2003, 50 DCR 10023).
For temporary (225 day) addition, see § 3 of Comprehensive Housing Strategy Temporary Act of 2003 (D.C. Law 15-52, December 9, 2003, law notification 51 DCR 1787).