The Department shall:
(1) Ensure the provision of high-quality behavioral health services by establishing District-wide behavioral health standards and policies;
(2) Foster and promote behavioral health education and disease prevention;
(3) Provide high-quality prevention, treatment, and recovery support services related to mental health disorders, addictions, and the abuse of alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs in the District;
(4) Develop and maintain an efficient and cost-effective behavioral health care financing system; and
(5) Implement, monitor, and evaluate the District’s strategic behavioral health plan.
This section is referenced in § 7-1141.03.
For temporary (90 days) addition of this section, see § 5116 of the Fiscal Year 2014 Budget Support Emergency Act of 2013 (D.C. Act 20-130, July 30, 2013, 60 DCR 11384, 20 DCSTAT 1827).
For temporary (90 days) addition of this section, see § 5116 of the Fiscal Year 2014 Budget Support Congressional Review Emergency Act of 2013 (D.C. Act 20-204, October 17, 2013, 60 DCR 15341, 20 DCSTAT 2311).
Section 5111 of D.C. Law 20-61 provided that Subtitle J of Title V of the act may be cited as the “Department of Behavioral Health Establishment Act of 2013”.