(a) There is hereby established within the General Fund a special nonlapsing interest earning account to be designated as the Community Health Care Financing Fund (“Fund”), into which the Chief Financial Officer shall deposit all:
(1) Proceeds received by the District from the sale by the District of Columbia Tobacco Settlement Financing Corporation of its Tobacco Settlement Asset-Backed Bonds, Series 2006;
(2) Receipts from any fees and taxes specifically identified by District law to be paid into the Fund;
(3) All payments received from Greater Southeast Investment, L.P., relating to its loans of approximately $49 million to Specialty Hospitals of America, LLC, or certain of its subsidiaries;
(4) The District’s share of any proceeds arising from a disposition of all or any part of the land and improvements on Lots 3 and 4, Square 5919; and
(5) Fees collected pursuant to § 50-1501.02f(b)(1).
(b) The purposes of the Fund shall be to directly pay to promote health care and for the delivery of health care related services in the District, including the construction of health care facilities and the operation of health care related programs, promoting breast cancer prevention and treatment, or to reimburse any account of the General Fund for its expenditures for these purposes.
(c) All interest generated by the Fund shall be retained by the Fund.
Effect of Amendments
D.C. Law 17-186, in subsec. (a), deleted “and” from the end of par. (1), substituted a semicolon for a period at the end of par. (2), and added pars. (3) and (4).
For temporary (90 day) addition, see § 4 of East of the River Hospital Revitalization Tax Exemption Emergency Amendment Act of 2007 (D.C. Act 17-174, November 2, 2007, 54 DCR 11216).
For temporary (225 day) addition, see § 4 of East of the River Hospital Revitalization Tax Exemption Temporary Amendment Act of 2007 (D.C. Law 17-76, January 23, 2008, law notification 55 DCR 1456).
Short title: Section 10021 of D.C. Law 19-21 provided that subtitle C of title X of the act may be cited as “Special Purpose Fund Transfer Act of 2011”.
Section 10022 of D.C. Law 19-21 provided: “Sec. 10022. Notwithstanding any provision of law limiting the use of funds in the Community Health Care Financing Fund established by section 101 of the Community Access to Health Care Omnibus Amendment Act of 2006, effective March 14, 2007 (D.C. Law 16-288; D.C. Official Code § 7-1931), the Chief Financial Officer shall transfer, from the certified resources of the Community Health Care Financing Fund, to the unrestricted fund balance of the General Fund, and recognize as revenue in fiscal year 2012, $5.126 million.”
Delegation of Authority
Delegation of Authority pursuant to D.C. Law 16-288, the Community Access to Health Amendment Act of 2006, see Mayor’s Order 2007-82, April 2, 2007 ( 54 DCR 7811).