The provisions of this subchapter shall not apply to the following:
(1) Occasional babysitting in a babysitter’s home for the children of one family;
(2) Informal parent-supervised neighborhood play groups;
(2A) Formal parent-led play cooperatives;
(3) Care furnished in places of worship during religious services;
(4) Care given by an individual who is related to the child, infant, or toddler;
(5) Child development facilities operated by the federal government on federal government property; however, a private child care provider utilizing space in or on federal government property is not exempt unless federal law specifically exempts the facility from the District’s regulatory authority; or
(6) Pre-kindergarten education programs licensed pursuant to Chapter 2A of Title 38.
1981 Ed., § 6-3623.
Effect of Amendments
D.C. Law 17-202, in par. (4), deleted “or” from the end; in par. (5), substituted “; or” for a period at the end; and added par. (6).
For temporary addition of subchapter, see notes to § 7-2031.
See notes to § 7-2031.