(a) The Director of the Department shall appoint the Registrar.
(b) The Registrar shall:
(2) Provide instructions for the efficient administration of the vital statistics system;
(3) Direct and supervise the vital statistics system and the Vital Records Division and serve as custodian of its records;
(4) Administer and maintain the confidentiality and security of the vital statistics system;
(5) Direct, supervise, and control the activities of each individual engaged in the activities of the Vital Records Division;
(6) Develop and conduct training programs to promote uniformity of policy and procedures pertaining to the vital statistics system;
(7) Develop and distribute all forms as will accomplish the purpose of complete, accurate, and timely reporting and registration;
(7) [sic.]Prepare and publish reports of vital statistics of the District;
(8) Provide information derived from vital records and vital reports required under this chapter that are necessary for Department programs and health planning activities, which shall remain the property of the Vital Records Division, and under the Registrar's control; and
(9)(A) Prepare a plan to provide for the continuity of operations of the system of vital statistics in the event of an emergency that:
(i) To the extent practicable, anticipates natural and man-made events that interrupt normal activities of the vital statistics system, identifies essential vital statistics services, and provides guidance for maintaining services; and
(I) Alternative locations for operations;
(II) An identification of essential equipment, document needs, and where to obtain them; and
(III) An identification of essential staff and a mechanism for communication with such individuals in an emergency.
(B) The plan shall be confidential and shall not be subject to compelled disclosure; provided, that the Registrar may authorize disclosure of all or part of the plan as the Registrar deems necessary to implement the plan.
(c) The Registrar may establish or eliminate offices to aid in the efficient administration of the system of vital statistics.
(d) The Registrar may delegate functions and duties to employees of the Vital Records Division and to employees of any office established pursuant to subsection (c) of this section.