(a)(1) The Department of Health ("Department") shall participate in the Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System ("BRFSS").
(2) The Department shall annually publish a detailed report on the results of the BRFSS on its website.
(3) The Department shall include questions related to the sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression of respondents in its BRFSS questionnaire.
(A) The Department shall give preference to any modules or questions approved by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
(B) The Department may develop its own questions related to the sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression of respondents to add to the BRFSS.
(b)(1) The Department shall annually publish a comprehensive report on the health of the District's LGBTQ community in coordination with the Office of Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender Affairs, pursuant to § 2-1383(b)(10).
(2) At least every 3 years, the comprehensive report shall include data collected from the BRFSS.
(3) Each report shall compare the prevalence of health-related risk behaviors, chronic health conditions, and use of preventive services among the LGBTQ population with the general population, and where possible, LGBTQ sub-populations.
(4) The Department shall post the report on its website.
(c) For the purposes of this section:
(1) "Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System" means the national telephone survey conducted by state health departments and coordinated by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to collect state data about residents regarding their health-related risk behaviors, chronic health conditions, and use of preventive services, or a similar successor survey.
(2) "LGBTQ" shall have the same meaning as provided in § 2-1381.