Subject only to the exclusions and limitations set forth in §§ 8-1444 and 8-1445, and in addition to any other remedies available to the government of the District of Columbia, a carrier who transports into the District any of the hazardous materials listed in this section shall be strictly liable for all costs incurred by the District of Columbia in responding to a release or threatened release of any of the following within the geographic boundaries of the District of Columbia:
(1) Explosives of Class 1, Division 1.1, or Class 1, Division 1.2, as designated in 49 C.F.R. § 173.2, in a quantity greater than 500 kilograms;
(2) Flammable gasses of Class 2, Division 2.1, as designated in 49 C.F.R. § 173.2, in a quantity greater than 10,000 liters;
(3) Poisonous gasses of Class 2, Division 2.3, as designated in 49 C.F.R. § 173.2, in a quantity greater than 500 liters, and belonging to Hazard Zones A or B, as defined in 49 C.F.R. § 173.116;
(4) Poisonous materials, other than gasses, of Class 6, Division 6.1, in a quantity greater than 1,000 kilograms, and belonging to Hazard Zones A or B, as defined in 49 C.F.R. § 173.133;
(5) Infectious agents, assigned to risk group 4 in 49 C.F.R. § 173.134 unless the infectious agent is the subject of an exception identified in 49 C.F.R. § 173.134; and
(6) Radioactive materials in a concentration greater than that specified by the United States Nuclear Regulatory Commission in 10 C.F.R. § 30.70 (exempt concentrations), or in a quantity required to be labeled under 10 C.F.R. Part 30, Appendix B, or requiring the consideration of the need for an emergency plan for responding to a release under 10 C.F.R. § 30.72.