(a) There is established an Office of Urban Agriculture ("Office") within DOEE.
(b) The mission of the Office shall be to encourage and promote urban, indoor, and other emerging agriculture practices in the District, including:
(1) Urban farms, including outdoor farms, rooftop farms, indoor farms, and greenhouses;
(3) Hydroponic, aeroponic, and aquaponic farm facilities; and
(4) Other innovations in urban agricultural production.
(c) The duties of the Office shall include:
(1) Developing and implementing District-wide policies and programs to promote urban farming and agriculture, including the Urban Farming Land Lease Program under § 48-402.01 the tax abatements under § 47-868, and subchapter II-A of Chapter 18 of this title;
(2) Collaborating with and providing guidance to other District agencies implementing urban agriculture programs;
(3) Engaging in outreach to share best practices, provide mentorship, and offer technical assistance with urban agriculture;
(4) Applying for and accepting agriculture grants on behalf of DOEE; and
(5) Issuing grants to urban farmers in the District for infrastructure and operating support.
Section 7075 of D.C. Law 23-149 repealed section 5 of D.C. Law 23-80 removing the applicability provision impacting this section. Therefore, the amendment of this section by Law 23-80 has been implemented.
Applicability of D.C. Law 23-80: § 5 of D.C. Law 23-80 provided that the amendment made to subsection (c) of this section by § 3(b) of D.C. Law 23-80 is subject to the inclusion of the law’s fiscal effect in an approved budget and financial plan. Therefore that amendment has not been implemented.