(a) Within 180 days of February 15, 2006, the Mayor shall promulgate rules and regulations to implement the provisions of this chapter, including the establishment of:
(4) Environmental definitions, or adoption of federal definitions as set forth in the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency publication entitled “Terms of Environment.”
(5) Requirements for the maintenance, retention, and submission of records relating to the environment to the DOEE; and
(6) Enforcement, inspections, and hearing procedures.
(b) Proposed rules and regulations promulated [promulgated] pursuant to subsection (a) of this section shall be submitted to the Council for a 45-day period of review, excluding Saturdays, Sundays, legal holidays, and days of Council recess. If the Council does not approve or disapprove the proposed rules, in whole or in part, by resolution within this 45-day period, the proposed rules shall be deemed to be disapproved.
(c)(1) The Mayor, pursuant to subchapter I of Chapter 5 of Title 2, may issue rules to implement §§ 8-151.08a, 8-151.08b, 8-151.08c, 8-151.08d, 8-151.08e, 8-151.08f, and 8-151.08h, including, to the extent permissible under federal law, rules to establish fees to be paid by railroad carriers.
(2) If proposed rules are developed pursuant to paragraph (1) of this subsection, at the time the proposed rules are submitted to the District of Columbia Register for public notice and comment, the Mayor shall provide the proposed rules to the Rail Advisory Board for comment.
(3) If the Mayor, when issuing final rules, does not incorporate the Rail Advisory Board's suggested modifications provided pursuant to § 35-333(b)(4), the Mayor shall provide the Rail Advisory Board with a detailed written explanation as to why the proposed modifications were not incorporated.
(4) For the purposes of this subsection, the term "Railroad Advisory Board" means the Railroad Advisory Board established by § 35-332.
(Feb. 15, 2006, D.C. Law 16-51, § 110, 52 DCR 10812; Oct. 8, 2016, D.C. Law 21-160, § 6045(b), 63 DCR 10775; Apr. 7, 2017, D.C. Law 21-254, § 101(d), 64 DCR 2028; Oct. 30, 2018, D.C. Law 22-168, § 6032(d), 65 DCR 9388.)
Applicability of D.C. Law 21-254: § 501 of D.C. Law 21-254 provided that the change made to this section by § 101(d) of D.C. Law 21-254 is subject to the inclusion of the law’s fiscal effect in an approved budget and financial plan. Therefore that amendment has not been implemented.
Construction of Law
Section 401 of Law 21-254 provided that Law 21-254 shall be construed, and the authority granted under it shall be exercised, in a manner consistent with applicable federal laws and regulations.