*NOTE: This section includes amendments by emergency legislation that will expire on June 10, 2021. To view the text of this section after the expiration of all emergency and temporary legislation, click this link: Permanent Version.*
(a) There is established as a special fund the Clean Rivers Impervious Area Charge Assistance Fund ("Fund"), which shall be administered by the Mayor in accordance with subsection (c) of this section.
(b) Revenue from the following sources shall be deposited in the Fund:
(1) Such amounts as may be appropriated to the Fund; and
(2) Any amounts appropriated in Fiscal Year 2019 for the implementation of the financial assistance programs authorized by § 34-2202.16b that remain unspent at the end of that fiscal year.
(c)(1) Money in the Fund shall be used to pay for the costs of implementing the financial assistance programs authorized by § 34-2202.16b.
(2) Notwithstanding paragraph (1) of this subsection, during a period of time for which the Mayor has declared a public health emergency ("PHE") pursuant to § 7-2304.01, and for 105 calendar days thereafter, money in the Fund may be used to assist low-income residential customers located in the District of Columbia with the payment of an outstanding water bill balance; except, that not less than $1.26 million of funding allocated in the fiscal year in which the PHE occurs shall be reserved to assist nonprofit organizations located in the District with the payment of impervious area charges, pursuant to § 34-2202.16b(a), and not less than $360,000 of funding allocated in the fiscal year in which the PHE occurs shall be reserved to assist residential customers with the payment of impervious area charges, pursuant to § 34-2202.16b(b).
(d)(1) The money deposited into the Fund shall not revert to the unrestricted fund balance of the General Fund of the District of Columbia at the end of a fiscal year, or at any other time.
(2) Subject to authorization in an approved budget and financial plan, any funds appropriated in the Fund shall be continually available without regard to fiscal year limitation.
(e) Within 60 days after the end of each fiscal year, DOEE shall transmit to the Mayor and the Council and publicly post on the DOEE website a report that includes the following information for financial assistance programs established pursuant to § 34-2202.16b, for the preceding fiscal year:
(1) The total amount of funding remaining at the end of the fiscal year in the Fund;
(2) The number of nonprofit organizations that applied for financial assistance, the number of nonprofit organizations that received financial assistance, and the total amount of funding provided to nonprofit organizations;
(3) Not including any emergency relief, the number of residential customers that applied for financial assistance, the number of residential customers that were approved for financial assistance, and the total amount of funding provided to residential customers, broken down by Customer Assistance Program income limits;
(4) The number of residential customers that requested emergency relief, the number of residential customers that received emergency relief, and the total amount of funding provided to residential customers for emergency relief;
(5) Broken down by nonprofit and residential customer applicants, the average number of days DOEE took to process applications for financial assistance, from the date DOEE received the application, to:
(A) For approved applications, the date that DOEE notified the applicant that they qualify or assistance; and
(B) For denied applications, the date that DOEE notified the applicant that the applicant did not qualify for financial assistance; and
(6) Efforts made by DOEE to publicize the availability of financial assistance through the Fund, including a description of the total amount of expenditures by DOEE on such efforts.
(Feb. 15, 2006, D.C. Law 16-51, § 113a; as added Sept. 11, 2019, D.C. Law 23-16, § 6062, 66 DCR 8621; Mar. 16, 2021, D.C. Law 23-229, § 4, 68 DCR 001112; Mar. 17, 2021, D.C. Act 24-30, § 307(a), 68 DCR 003101.)