(a) There is hereby established a Voluntary Cleanup Program (“Program”) within DDOE to encourage the private voluntary cleanup of contaminated properties. The DDOE shall administer the Program and shall be responsible for:
(1) Investigating brownfield and other properties with known or perceived contamination;
(2) Determining the eligibility for voluntary cleanups and brownfield redevelopment incentives;
(3) Protecting the public health and the environment where cleanups are being performed or need to be performed;
(4) Determining cleanup standards;
(5) The oversight of cleanup activities; and
(6) Determining the finality of the cleanup of contaminated properties.
(b) Upon request, the DDOE may assist a person in identifying contaminated properties or brownfields in the District and the available options and programs for their cleanup and redevelopment. The Mayor may assist in or provide supervision for the development and the implementation of reasonable and necessary cleanup or remedial actions. This assistance may include the review of agency records, files, investigation plans, and proposed cleanup plans.
Effect of Amendments
D.C. Law 18-369 substituted “DDOE” for “EHA” wherever it appeared.
For temporary (90 day) amendment of section, see § 2(a) of Brownfield Revitalization Emergency Amendment Act of 2010 (D.C. Act 18-667, December 28, 2010, 58 DCR 95).