The Mayor may request the Attorney General, and the Attorney General shall have authority, to commence a civil action in the Superior Court of the District of Columbia:
(1) To compel compliance with an order of the Mayor, permit, or other applicable standard, requirement, regulation, or provisions of law pursuant to this chapter;
(2) To recover a response cost or natural resource damage, or for contribution;
(3) To declare future liability for a response cost or damage;
(4) For civil penalties not to exceed $25,000 for each day of noncompliance against any person who unreasonably fails to comply with an order of the Mayor, permit, or other applicable standards, requirement, regulation, or provision of law pursuant to this chapter; and
(5) For an amount equal to 3 times the costs expended resulting from a failure to take proper action.
For temporary (90 day) addition, see § 2(k) of Brownfield Revitalization Emergency Amendment Act of 2010 (D.C. Act 18-667, December 28, 2010, 58 DCR 95).